Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gettin' her started

After spending 3 hours trying to get the new OS Max .40 engine on the Purple Plane running, I decided to pack it all up and head over to the field(s) to see if anyone was around who could help me out.


Getting the 15 year old Fuel Pump working

The Strock Farm field was empty by the time I got there (3:45, it closes at 4..), but there were 3 pilots at the Klendestine field.  A *big* thanks to Eric and his son for helping me get the motor running!  It turns out that the specified 1.5 turns of the Lean/Rich needle was a FULL turn too short!  Pushed it up to 2.5 turns, and she kick right over.

He helped me adjust the motor to get it running at full speed; noo problems :-)

So, tomorrow, Memorial Day, I plan to head out to the Klandestine field, enjoy the sunny weather and take her up for the first flight in almost 15 years.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment