Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wing nearing completion

A very special, big thanks to Charlie, a builder I ran across on the web, who provided me the link to the Super Sportster 60's Instruction Manual :

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpm-supersportster-manual.pdf

Also, there's forum with a lot of advice, and picks of Charlie building his SS60 :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6586984/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Thanks to the manual, and a lot of time on my hands to spend in the basement (Curse you Rain! CURSE YOU!).. I'm almost done with the wing!

Today I cut grooves in the ailerons and mounted the metal rods in them in the center, so I can put 2 servos into the wing for them. Charlie, and a few guys at the field, have told me that having different end point adjustments for the left and right ailerons.

I'm short some Epoxy so I can't finish mounting the wing-mounting screw blocks yet, which I need to do before I finish plating and join the sides.

My Workspace.. modest compared to most, but it gets the job done ;-)


Nearly completed wing halves... wtb 30 minute epoxy.. PST!

1 comment: